We’re looking for a junior developer to join our team and work on some of our most valuable projects and partnerships.
About Nicer and your role:
We’re a small, fast-moving team of 4 designers and developers: Aeryk, Jay, Robert, and Maks. Our team partners with early stage companies to design and build digital products. We also launch our own products like Smallchat. Our HQ is Atlas Local in beautiful Greenville, SC.
Some stuff we’ve worked on recently:
We’re looking for:
- A React dev with strong knowledge of web fundamentals: HTML/CSS, responsive web dev.
- A natural learner who loves diving into new platforms and frameworks.
- A good communicator who’s comfortable advocating internally for your own ideas.
Not required, but bonus points for experience with tech stuff we use frequently:
- React Native, specifically in combination with Expo.
- JAM stack
Every week you’ll be:
- Designing and building new features for React and React Native apps.
- Working with the rest of our team to determine priorities for projects and managing your own schedule.
- Learning new platforms and frameworks.
Pay & Benefits
This position’s base salary range is $50k. We offer fully paid parental leave. We have flexible work hours and generous paid time-off. We subsidize coworking or home office expenses. Additionally, we cover 100% of your medical, dental, and vision insurance premium, as well as covering 50% of costs for your spouse and depenents.
- Link to your Github, LinkedIn and anything else great you’d like us to see.
- Tell us a little bit about what you’re looking for in your next role.
- We’ll give you our full attention, and you’ll get a real reply from one of us.
Short intro call with our CEO.
- We’ll schedule an informal 30-minute call with our CEO, Aeryk.
- Chat about your background, career goals, our team, and any initial questions or concerns you have.
Interview with our devs.
- We’ll schedule a longer tech interview with our devs: Jay, Robert, and Maks.
- We’ll chat about your experience and what you’re looking for in your next team.
- We’ll talk more about the work we do, the role we’re looking to fill, and any questions you have.
- Bring some React code you worked on, and let’s geek out together about something cool you’ve built!
- Ideally you’d have a dev environment set up, so we could write a little bit of code together, maybe brainstorming a small addition to your project.
Work on a small project with us.
- If possible, we’ll pay you to work on a small project with us. We’ll be flexible and find a format that works for you. Jump in our Slack team and see what working with us is like.
Join the team!
If this seems like a great fit we’ll send you a formal offer letter, talk through any details, and start making amazing apps together!