We’re looking for a junior developer to join our team and work on some of our most valuable projects and partnerships.
About Nicer and your role:
We’re a small, fast-moving team of designers and developers. Our team partners with early stage companies to design and build digital products. We also launch our own products like SimplePerks and Smallchat. We're a remote team, but our HQ is Atlas Local in beautiful Greenville, SC.
Some stuff we’ve worked on recently:
We’re looking for:
- A React dev with strong knowledge of web fundamentals: HTML/CSS, responsive web dev.
- A natural learner who loves diving into new platforms and frameworks.
- A good communicator who’s comfortable advocating internally for your own ideas.
Not required, but bonus points for experience with tech stuff we use frequently:
- React Native, specifically in combination with Expo.
- JAM stack
Every week you’ll be:
- Designing and building new features for React and React Native apps.
- Working with the rest of our team to determine priorities for projects and managing your own schedule.
- Learning new platforms and frameworks.
Pay & Benefits
This position’s base salary range is $50k. We offer fully paid parental leave. We have flexible work hours and generous paid time-off. We subsidize coworking or home office expenses. Additionally, we cover 100% of your medical, dental, and vision insurance premium, as well as covering 50% of costs for your spouse and depenents.
- Link to your Github, LinkedIn and anything else great you’d like us to see.
- Tell us a little bit about what you’re looking for in your next role.
- We’ll give you our full attention, and you’ll get a real reply from one of us.
Short intro call with our CEO.
- We’ll schedule an informal 30-minute call with our CEO, Aeryk.
- Chat about your background, career goals, our team, and any initial questions or concerns you have.
Interview with our devs.
- We’ll schedule a longer tech interview with our devs: Jay, Robert, and Maks.
- We’ll chat about your experience and what you’re looking for in your next team.
- We’ll talk more about the work we do, the role we’re looking to fill, and any questions you have.
- Bring some React code you worked on, and let’s geek out together about something cool you’ve built!
- Ideally you’d have a dev environment set up, so we could write a little bit of code together, maybe brainstorming a small addition to your project.
Work on a small project with us.
- If possible, we’ll pay you to work on a small project with us. We’ll be flexible and find a format that works for you. Jump in our Slack team and see what working with us is like.
Join the team!
If this seems like a great fit we’ll send you a formal offer letter, talk through any details, and start making amazing apps together!